The French Riviera is a very popular European touristic destination. The riviera is a French coastline on the south eastern part of the country. The coastline is also known by the name Cote d`Azur which means Blue Coast. The Riviera is famous touristic location and we can find a large number of hotels and resorts here.
The French Riviera began its development in the end of the 18th century when British tourists discovered the beautiful coastline and decided to spend their vacations here. Over the years the French Riviera became one of the most popular holiday destinations in Europe.
The main city of the Riviera in Nice, which has the second largest airport in France and it is an important center of the region. The French Riviera also contains the following resorts : Cannes, Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, Beaulieu-sur-Mer, Saint-Jena-Cap-Ferrat, Cap-d`Ail, Saint-Raphael and Saint Tropez.
We can visit the following attractions on the French Riviera :
- The Plage de Tahiti – a world famous beach with exclusive restaurants
- Le Carlton Casino Club – casino with a gaming room and slot, located in the Hotel Carlton.
- Casino Croisette – legendary casino in Cannes
- Le Vieux Port – a luxury port for sailboats and yachts
- Les Collettes – Renoir`s home opened as a museum
- Le Suquet – a historical hill with extraordinary view
- Villa Rothschild – famous villa with beautiful garden
- Park Residences Champfleuri – 19th century park
- Zoo du Cap-Ferrat – impressive zoo with over 300 varieties of species.
- Henry Clews Museum – historical museum
- Palais Lascaris – historical palace
- Gallerie dei Barri – world famous art gallery.
Besides these attractions we can see many more interesting things on the French Riviera. If we decide to spend our vacation in France, the French Riviera is a must visit location. Beside the standard attractions we can enjoy the beautiful beaches with fine sand and the swim in a the crystal clear waters. For the sport fans there are a lot of water sports available on the French Riviera, both standard and extreme sports.
The French Riviera is most famous for its exclusive, high society locations like Cannes or Saint Tropez. The vicinity of Monaco draws the rich and famous people from all over the planet and it is no surprise too see a movie star or a famous singer on the beaches of the French Riviera.